My purpose is is to discover purpose. I hope to obtain this through the Peace Corps.
Digital Media 2
New Technology High School
All Rights Reserved
Cold Called Message
This is the letter I wrote to Ms. Wade, a family friend and a Peace Corps Volunteer. I had to write her through Facebook because she has limited phone service and even more limited time.
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I am Ginnette Ilsley's daughter and Lorrie Ilsley's niece, Julia. I am currently working on a school project called Roadtrip Nation which involves discovering the direction you wish for your life to go in. I am hoping to join the Peace Corps one day, and I know that you are currently serving in Nicaragua.
One of the requirements of the project is to have an interview with an expert in the field you wish to work in. If it isn't too much trouble, I was wondering if you could very briefly (only a few sentences) answer the following questions:
1. Have you always known that you wanted to join the Peace Corps.?
2. How has your experience been thus far? What have you learned?
3. What is the hardest part of this experience?
4. How do you recommend a person prepare themselves for joining the Peace Corps?
5. What is one way you have changed through this process?
I understand completely if you do not have the time to complete this. I know you must be very busy! I hope you are having a wonderful experience.
Written on May 16, 2012 at 2:39pm